On September 6, 2019, the Arizona Department of Transportation released the Draft Tier 1 Environmental Impact Statement (Draft Tier 1 EIS (link is external) ) for the North-South Corridor Study. The Draft Tier 1 EIS is available for review on the DEIS page and at several locations in the study area.
The public hearings will take place at the locations, dates, and times listed below. The same information will be provided at each public hearing.
The hearing schedule below is the same for all three public hearings:
- 5:30–6:00 p.m. Open House
- 6:00–6:30 p.m. Presentation
- 6:30–7:30 p.m. Public Hearing and Open House
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019 Florence High School 1000 S. Main St., Florence, AZ 85132
- Thursday, October 10, 2019 Eloy City Hall 595 N. C St., Eloy, AZ 85131
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 Poston Butte High School 32375 N. Gantzel Rd, San Tan Valley, AZ 85143
The Draft Tier 1 EIS is available during the public comment period, beginning on September 6, 2019, and ending on October 29, 2019.
During this comment period, the Draft Tier 1 EIS is available on the DEIS page and at the following repository locations during regular business hours:
- Eloy Santa Cruz Library – 1000 N. Main Street, Eloy, AZ 85131(link is external)
- Coolidge Public Library – 160 W. Central Avenue, Coolidge, AZ 85128(link is external)
- Florence Community Library – 778 N. Main Street, Florence, AZ 85132(link is external)
- Apache Junction Public Library – 1177 N. Idaho Road, Apache Junction, AZ 85119(link is external)
- Queen Creek Library – 21802 S. Ellsworth Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142(link is external)
There are several ways to provide comments on the Draft Tier 1 EIS:
- At a public hearing
- Phone: 1.855.712.8530
- Mail: c/o ADOT Communications, 1655 W. Jackson St., MD 126F, Phoenix, AZ 85007